10.23.2012

Introductions

Hello, My name is Andrew. I am a culinarian, a chef, a Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts graduate, and as profession, an abstractor.

I previously worked in the culinary industry for more than five years. I have worked in mom and pop all the way to contemporary, upscale. I graduated from the Fairmont State University and Pierpont Culinary academy in 2007 with an Associates of Applied Science in Culinary Arts and a Bachelors of Science in Hospitality Management, Business.

I have competed in cook offs and culinary competitions where I have won medals and awards with my largest accomplishment being finishing first in the Skills USA States culinary competition and going to Nationals. I have also been on several competition teams as a team member and/or also adviser and mentor.

I have been a cook, a sous chef, executive chef, manager, financing adviser,  purchasing manager, baker, waiter and about any other position you can think of in the field. I have a lot of passion for the culinary arts industry but moved away from the line of work last year. I plan to come back eventually, but for now, home cooking and enjoying food is my connection to the field.

I thought it would be fun to create a blog covering my travels and all of the places I eat. I do quite a bit of travel in my line of work and seem to make it through all of the restaurants (granted there are a few) in a town at least once before I get shipped out to the next project.

There are websites out there that allow for you to just type a restaurant's name in and get a slew of reviews and opinions of the place, but I plan to use my expertise in the culinary field to give this blog a bit of a more personal and especially, professional view on different restaurants in towns around the northeast, central US, mostly in county seats which tend to be the largest towns around a given area.

If nothing else, my intentions are to help you, the weary traveler or fellow abstractor decide where to eat tonight.

I hope to update this blog often, and that you as a reader find it to be informative and helpful to making decisions on where to eat when you're out. I hope to cover a range of restaurants from fancy to franchise looking at the food and service quality as well as atmosphere and price.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Andrew. Your descriptions make us want to gon on a road trip.

    ReplyDelete