2.24.2013

The Coney - Indiana Pennsylvania

Image found on virtual tourist
The Coney in Indiana Pennsylvania is one of my favorite places in town. Its on the end of the main drag of Philadelphia Street in down town. They are an Irish Pub that serves predominately well known European dishes as their specials. I've personally had their Fish and Chips, Shepard's Pie and the Oktoberfest special that they occasionally run which were all very good. The restaurant is a dim lit pub styled diner with a lot of European decor.
If you do go, I recommend spending a bit extra for their Homemade Seasoned Potato Chips. They are thick cut home style chips tossed in one of their house wing sauces. I always get them and recommend, Honey Hot, they are delicious and worth every penny.
I cant remember what the entree was, but the German potato salad
 was delicious and you can get a look at those awesome chips!
Oktoberfest Special
The last time I was in Indiana, we went to The Coney twice and unfortunately, I forgot what the first thing was I got, but I can guarantee, I have never had anything I didn't love from The Coney. The second Meal I had was the Oktoberfest Special.

The Oktoberfest came with kielbasa, a bratwurst, perogies, red and white kraut and spiced applesauce. The dish was very, very good, and my only complaint was that I couldn't fit a bite of everything onto one forkful. Each item accompanied the other very well. There were so many great combinations in this dish, I was finding myself mixing and matching each item until I found the perfect combination.


Food Quality: 9.5 / 10  -  Menu is predictable, but each meal is done perfectly.
Portion Size: 9 / 10  - Perfect sized portions, although protein, veg, starch can be unbalanced.
Service: 8/10  -  Service is very friendly and keeps up on the table fairly well
Environment: 8 / 10  -  Very cozy
Cost: 8 / 10  - Price is pretty reasonable
Overall Expectations: 9 / 10
Calculated Overall Experience: 8.5 / 10
Opinionated Overall Experience: 9.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment